You know those little connector songs in those albums. I don’t think they get enough attention so I thought I’de share a few of my favorite short songs, skits, intros, outros and interludes.
- Drinkin’ Again by Outkast In a strange way this conversation sounds almost too real. The words: “Man, my woman done left me Damn I got laid off Sh** They say a compruter can do my job better then I can damn do it, Mutherf**kers, Man pour me another drink, I feel ya”
- The Blue Nun by Beastie Boys Just a great idea for an interlude. Makes me wanna go have some dinner. The words: “Our evening began in Peter Seychelles comfortable study in his New York townhouse, Where the candlelight was just right, the hi-fi was in the background and the wine was delicious. What’s the secret, Peter? Naturally, I’ll say the wine Mmmm, it does go well with the chicken. Delicious again, Peter.*”
- School Spirit by Kanye West Education Sarcasm at its best, The words: “You keep it going man, you keep those books rolling, You pick up those books your going to read And not remember and you roll man. You get that associate degree, okay, Then you get your bachelors, then you get your masters Then you get your master’s masters, Then you get your doctron, You go man, then when everybody says quit You show them those degree man, when Everybody says hey, you’re not working, You’re not making any money, You say look at my degrees and you look at my life, Yeah i’m 52, so what, hate all you want, But i’m smart, i’m so smart, and i’m in school, And these guys are out here making Money all these ways, and i’m spended mine to be smart. You know why? Because when i die, buddy, you know What going to keep me warm, that right, those degrees”
- The Game – Intro to Documentary “Alot of people are advocating that the rich gets richer and the poor gets poorer. Thats only because you dont understand whats going to happen to you, you see its all just a game ladies and gentlemen, and the quality of your living depends entirely upon your ability to play the game, and i play the game…”
- Robin Lench by Ice Cube this is a classic!
- last but not least, Disgustipated by Tool